Hey Guys,

I'm flattered that you think I know something. You're overrating me. I could not have said it any better than Nick or Bill. Along with what Nick said, when it comes to raising large fish of any species we seem to be our own worst enemies. We only want to harvest the larger fish which has lots of drawbacks. Another theory is we are removing fish from the gene pool that have a propensity genitically to grow faster while we leave the inferior growers.

BTW -- a little comedy. Do you know what is wrong with th gene pool? There is no lifeguard!

One study I saw showed that bluegill courtship is as complex as any other species on earth maybe even more complex.

Did you know there are smaller male bluegills during spawning time that are known as cuckhold males? They actually mimick females in coloration and sneak in right at the time the big male is fertilizing eggs to add their inferior milt.

I sure hope to add another pond to attempt a method Bill Cody is experimenting with to produce some large bluegills. He is feeding training some in a floating cage and once they are feed trained sufficiently the males are culled out. It is important that they are really males! They must exude milt when squeezed even if if they look like males. Sometimes appearances are misleading.

Anyway, these males are placed into a small pond and continued on feed pellets. Since they are all males there is no reproduction and overcrowed fish leading to stunting. Fish on feed have accelerated feed rates so the plan is to grow big bluegills. So Bill, what have been the results so far again?

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.