Originally Posted By: RAH
I support public schools teaching our kids evolution in science class, and that the earth is round. Fortunately, most others agree. If you don't trust science, that is your choice, but evolution and anthropogenic global warming are not really controversial among scientists, just the public. This is quite clear from the Pew polls that I linked to previously. This is a public debate on trusting science, not a debate about what scientists conclude from the science.

I support the THEORY of evolution in education as well, when it's taught honestly, as a theory, and not as fact, because no matter how much you'd like it to be fact. It is not, and has not, been proven as fact. Tossing in "the world is round, is very condescending. It is when some try to dismiss and belittle educated, accurate opposition to a viewpoint, that things get ugly, and the one refusing to acknowledge their views may be flawed, or even wrong, that things can no longer be intelligently and politely discussed. Creation is another theory (and widely held belief/faith). When schools teach one theory, and exclude another, it is no longer educating, but socially engineering, if not openly lying.

I always chuckle when I hear "scientists conclude" anything in current times, since they always seem to be reconcluding conclusions. Flat-earthers, 100's of years ago when no one knew what was out of site were wrong, and every "scientist" concluding opinion as fact can be equally as wrong....I don't know, you don't know, no one knows, yet.