http://prntscr.com/9mo8eo

Aquamax SportFish 500

Protein 41% - The use of chicken by-product meal as the second ingredient and pork blood concerns me as far as protein digestibility goes. I can't find any protein digestibility percentages on chicken by-product meal because it varies from batch to batch.

Fat 12% - Generic animal fat is cause for concern. All fat is not created equal. A whopping 27 points (12 x 2.25 = 27) of energy from fat. Remember my extensive studies show that 30 to 31 points of energy is adequate to maintain healthy fish. In the U of F study after 8 weeks of feeding a diet of 40 points of energy the fish's livers were already 28% covered in fat.

Starch and Sugar - 22% ASSUMED (this is what was left after deducting the others) It takes a minimum of 15% starch to hold the food together.

Fiber - 4%

Ash/Minerals - 11%

Moisture - 10% ASSUMED Much over 10% will lead to the food growing mold.

27 points of energy from fat + 22 points of energy from starch = 49 points of energy. This way too much. I can't see how a fish fed exclusively on this diet can live to its normal life expectancy.

The diet would need to be cut down to around 31 points of energy to insure normal life expectancy. Making these formulas really is a balancing act.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, Give a man a bank and he can rob the world.