I know several professional fish nutritionists and fish physiologists who will disagree with several of your generalizations depending on which fish specie you are referring to and the nutritional needs of that specie. No doubt some of what you are saying is true but IMO it does not apply to all species and sizes of fish. I think nutrition requirements especially protein changes as the fish ages. A lot is yet to be learned about fish nutrition and the long term needs for each species for good health of each specie of fish.

I also will ask the same question as posed by Cecil: why do they make noticeably higher protein foods for fish fry and fingerlings? Is it just to make more money from uneducated fish growers?

I'm not trying to be contradictory, just asking questions and expressing some of what I've learned so far about fish nutrition.

One has to be careful to not wholeheartedly believe everything that is in print. Go to some professional meetings where research is presented and listen to the critical comments about the scientific methods used by some researchers. Faulty scientific method can lead to faulty biased conclusions that are put into print.

Last edited by Bill Cody; 01/02/16 09:18 PM.

aka Pond Doctor & Dr. Perca Read Pond Boss Magazine -
America's Journal of Pond Management