Woke up to wind and freezing rain. After about 1/8" accumulation it then turned to ice balls and continued until there was over an inch on the ground. That went on all day long, so the amount on the ground never varied much, even though the bottom layer was continually melting. Then the freezing rain started back up.

Pine tree branches that are normally 6' off the ground were bent down to the ground and making marks in the ice balls on the ground. Around 5pm, the temp finally climbed above freezing and things started to thaw. They are supposed to continue to climb slightly all night long, and hopefully all this junk will be gone by the morning.

The mailbox was no match for the slush/junk that was thrown by the snow plow. 3rd mailbox in 3 years........

It was about 15'-20' from the post, mail was covered with slush and the mailbox will probably be retired for this winter. I will put up the winter mailbox - it's one screwed to the top of a 3' tall wooden step ladder. It can get thrown over by the snowplow and set back upright without any damage to it.

Power went out here 8 different times, and I cannot count the "brown outs" where the voltage dropped. I lost internet this afternoon and it was off until 7 pm. Longest power outage was 15 minutes.

I gave up trying to do anything on the computer until this evening.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).