Originally Posted By: JKB
GFCI's trip, but you have to remember that you are installing systems in schools where many people gather, and possibly poke around in the tank with water.

Very true! That's why I want a GFIC! Just noticed at one of the other schools some idiot was plugging up a screen in the mbbr with chewing gum! mad

You got more than a GFCI installed, like a gizmo that will shunt trip the mains?

Not that I'm aware of but this is an old antiquated part of a new school so who knows?

GFCI's don't always work, so you need to back yourself up.

Yeah I hear they can be defective at times. This one apparently worked just fine!

No way would I put something in a school, unless they understood everything, and that would include electrical!!!

You're smarter than me in more ways than one! Three schools was enough of a hassle, but these guys had a tank from a previous teacher and begged me to help set them up. The kids do love the fish and it is a way to learn several disciplines at once. Some are now interested in fish farming.

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 12/26/15 09:57 PM.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.