Originally Posted By: NEDOC
TJ, about 10 years ago we had 2 separate deer kills due to a mountain lion just over the dam of my large pond. My dad was scouting for deer season and he saw steam coming from a grass bed just below the dam. He walked over to check it out and a mountain lion ran off. Walked up to the steam and noticed it was coming from the hind quarters of a freshly killed buck (decent size). It was a pretty fascinating crime scene. The lion had jumped from a nearby tree onto the bucks back, slit it jugular, rode its back in circles for quite some time til it dropped, then began eating it. Several hundred yards down the creek we found a similar crime scene but the deer had been eaten down to the skeleton. That made for an interesting deer season knowing that you may be the hunted rather than the hunter.

Also had a confirmed sighting of 2 young cubs by my mother in law 7-8 years ago while deer hunting. Game warden came out and verified by looking at the tracks. Sightings were pretty common around here until disease killed most of the deer.

Awesome!

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]