Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Wallaman, antscozz, Bowhunter2004, Thomas7, tynpond
18,551 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics41,039
Posts558,777
Members18,552
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,626
ewest 21,522
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,166
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 663 guests, and 285 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#427568 10/26/15 09:28 AM
B
bongo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Hello
Does anyone on this forum can help?
I am Polish and I have 40 hectares of private lake from 5 m to 12 m deep. I'm looking for a guy who can sell me a musky eggs or a hybrid (tiger) would be the best orginal musky.In Poland there are no lakes where you can fish for musky and I want to create a private hunting ground, but hard to get eggs from being sent to Polish. We can bring the eggs of trout but do not know how it is with musky.Does this forum can someone tell me how much roe musky and whether it is possible to buy and send to Polish. Very you please for help

Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Nonnative species to another country other than established non-native species? Extremely doubtful it would be allowed but you need to find out locally.

Here is one contact:

https://www.facebook.com/mnmuskiefarm

40 hectares is a little small for this species too. They need a lot of room and forage of large size.

Good luck!

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.

B
bongo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
The lake of 40 hectares if I have 50 hectares of land that I can remove and take an additional 40 hectares of which was to 80 hectares. I know that you can send to Polish trout roe but I have to declare trout roe and send musky but not everyone want to do that .Pisałem up to wadzego DNR but nobody replied

B
bongo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I wrote to Minnesota musky farms and said they did not send (but do not know how to go there my friend who lives locally and bought, if they sell him eggs

Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
So it's O.K. with your government to import musky eggs, the problem is just getting them to Poland?

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.

B
bongo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Not quite so. We bring roe trout. we can not bring musky eggs but you can do so. Declare trout roe and roe send musky because who recognize that the species of fish eggs is eggs. The question is who can do so.
In this forum, anyone grown musky?

B
bongo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
You know it's not a problem to go to you and musky fishing.
The problem is only then when you go each year to states and spend a lot of money for the journey, sleeping and boat smile In Poland there are a lot of people who can not afford to travel to the United States to catch musky and this is their dream, and I want to fulfill them because it great fish. I know that it can be done only who take care of the eggs and I will send smile To send Polsi rainbow trout roe and roe can be swapped for musky smile because who recognizes what a roe smile I will bring to my private lake. We have the same climate, the pH of the water is the same as in lakes with fish musky. Pike in Poland grow huge 25kg and 130-150 cm smile and musky genetics is very similar to pike.
Does anyone on this forum have not grown musky or does not know the person who can help me?

R
RER Offline
R
dont think any one will openely do it if its not quite leagal.

is it leagal to bring in the hybrid ones becuase they are steril?

Goofing off is a slang term for engaging in recreation or an idle pastime while obligations of work or society are neglected........... Wikipedia
B
bongo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I know it's illegal but how to do to make it legal?
You're telling me that the hybrid is legal, because it is sterile, do not quite understand?
Can I bring a hybrid Tiger M
Who can sell me and send?
How does it do>

B
bongo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I know it's illegal but how to do to make it legal?
You're telling me that the hybrid is legal, because it is sterile, do not quite understand?
Can I bring a hybrid Tiger Young
Who can sell me and send?
How does it do>

F
F
It is not illegal to send anything like that. It might be illegal to receive it for bongo, but this is his end. Countries care about what is being brought to their countries, not what is being taken away.

So you won't be doing anything illegal. I would help this friend, if i were you. I know how it feels to not be able to catch the fish you really want.

Bongo i smuggled Largemouth Bass with couple more species this summer. It feels good !

And i have a better idea for you. There are a bunch of countries around you with muskies. Why not drive there , get a couple fish from net fishermen and come back?

Last edited by Fatih; 10/27/15 02:50 PM.
B
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
B
Fatih and Bongo, you guys are talkin some pretty deep stuff. Game departments in the USA are some very powerful people. They can make things damn tough if hey want. In order for me to bring fish from In to Fl I'm required to apply for a special permit to import non-native fish here. Then the DNR in Fl decides if it's ok or rather refuse the request. Without a permit, I came without non-native fish. Just watch your backs boys!

Do nature a favor, spay/neuter your pets and any weird friends or relatives.
F
F
Bob, do you know that my fish bags were wrapped with a tape , which was saying "Checked by U.S. Border Security" , as i opened my luggages when i got back to Turkey. This was the first thing i saw when i opened my luggages and freaked out. Buttt, no all fish were fine and untouched. So it is not illegal to take fish out, believe me smile . Yes, it is not legal here in Turkey to bring those fish but here customs are more interested in iphones and ipad than innocent fish.

Chairman, Pond Boss Legacy award; Moderator; field correspondent
Lunker
Chairman, Pond Boss Legacy award; Moderator; field correspondent
Lunker
Reality show: Rex goin' International!

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]

J
JKB Offline
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
J
Originally Posted By: teehjaeh57

Oh, that would be really interesting and full of nail biter suspense wink I'll be watching grin

F
F
Just a thought, would eggs be better than fry??

Water is the basis of all life, by design!
J
JKB Offline
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
J
Viable eggs would ship easier and stay viable much longer than fry.

Lunker
Lunker
Bongo, why not just stock European pike?

C
CMM Offline
C
Originally Posted By: JKB
Originally Posted By: teehjaeh57

Oh, that would be really interesting and full of nail biter suspense wink I'll be watching grin

Yeah, I'd watch too. But the man will have to hire some colorful help. He is just too busy just here in the US of A.

Cmm

CMM

I like Fatih's idea. Source them in a country nearby that has them. You can go most everywhere in Europe by train and no customs to deal with.

[Linked Image]
Be Brave Enough to Suck at Something New!
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Originally Posted By: Fatih
Bob, do you know that my fish bags were wrapped with a tape , which was saying "Checked by U.S. Border Security" , as i opened my luggages when i got back to Turkey. This was the first thing i saw when i opened my luggages and freaked out. Buttt, no all fish were fine and untouched. So it is not illegal to take fish out, believe me smile . Yes, it is not legal here in Turkey to bring those fish but here customs are more interested in iphones and ipad than innocent fish.

Fatih,

No doubt you were watched closer here due to your country of origin.

Your country probably has a lot more important things to deal with than a handful of fish. I see suicide bombing are on the rise in your country. And of course the situation in Syria and Russian flyovers is of concern.

Largemouth bass may already be established in your country too. I know largemouth bass are found as far away as China, Japan, and South Africa. The Chinese are raising largemouth bass for foodfish.

Bringing fish this way would have been very different situation, and I know of fish farmers here that have been fined thousands of dollars for just bringing fish illegally across state lines. We have a federal law that kicks in called the Lacy Act if illegal fish cross state lines. Violating federal laws can get really nasty here.

Bongo,

I would think Europe and specifically Poland would have more than a passing interest in catching someone bringing in a nonnative species. Additionally just because you can away with it doesn't make it legal or right. Yes trout roe can be imported but there is extensive health testing.

And folks for all we know Bongo is a set up, as we had a long thread on Fatih's fish, and the Internet isn't exactly the best place to keep a secret. LOL Lot's of agents out there that would love to peg up an international arrest. It's not hard to home in on something by using keywords in a search. A special software makes it even easier.

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 10/27/15 08:18 PM.

B
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
B
I've NEVER cheated on my taxes simply cause once ya get the black helicopters lookin, they just don't leave. A pound of prevention is better than a $10,000 cure. All it takes is an overzealous moron with a bit of authority.
Rex goin int is hilarious !!!

Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
The fines aren't the only pain. Lawyer fees really add up whether you're innocent or not!

Sorry Eric and our West Virginia attorney!

Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Originally Posted By: Bob-O
I've NEVER cheated on my taxes simply cause once ya get the black helicopters lookin, they just don't leave. A pound of prevention is better than a $10,000 cure. All it takes is an overzealous moron with a bit of authority.
Rex goin int is hilarious !!!

What about all that money you have offshore Bob? We know you're really one of those 1 percenters with a hot pad and maid in Florida! grin

B
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
B
Well Cecil, it is a hot pad, been in the mid 80s since I got down here. Now if the maid was that hot and about 40 yrs younger, I'd be cookin.
This is the truth now, I don't have enough income to be obligated ta even file anymore. This position suits me just fine. I have plenty of cardboard for signs.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
BrandonA
Recent Posts
No Swimming!
by anthropic - 05/28/24 11:06 PM
Tilapia with Winterkill
by Boondoggle - 05/28/24 11:04 PM
Muck remover and aeration
by Wallaman - 05/28/24 10:59 PM
Another hybrid