Every project I've worked on had a pond with 6-30' depths. Sean mentioned today we're dealing with 2-3' depths. I suspect when he applied the product it became a polymer soup, due to the low water volume. While it's non toxic, fish can suffocate if their gills are coated. When dealing with so little water, there was nowhere for them to hide. This isn't a product performance issue as the manufacturer states the risk of suffocation in wind blown areas, it's a product application density issue. This is something we should have caught - Sean called prior to application, I was at football practice. We may have jointly caught it then and avoided this situation.

Sean's correct - one can still treat with low water, but one would need to treat it fractionally, not unlike the strategy treating algae 25% at a time. With 2-3' water left in the pond and no rain in the forecast, sure the fishery might have been dancing the last waltz - regardless, we both thought this was important to post in regards to low water volume treatments and the potential negative impact on fishery.

Please keep us in the loop regarding your rate of water loss. I'm hopeful you have something positive to report. Per our conversation, I'll make some calls for you next Spring and work on getting some fish for you locally. Thankfully I have lots of buddies down there.

To date - the worst mort report I've had was a couple dozen fathead minnows and a green gill dog who drank very recently treated pond water. All projects had at least 5x the water volume of Sean.

On the not so positive side, I also have 3 reports of customers using the C "coarse" grind polymer and their projects yielded no positive results. While there's no guarantee from the manufacturer, 3/3 coarse grind customers with zero improvement has shed some light on appropriate scenarios and the product's limitations. I'll continue to post all information objectively as I learn it so we can all learn. It's not a silver bullet.

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]