Originally Posted By: RC51
Originally Posted By: SetterGuy
Yes, new pond. Little or no muck in the bottom of the pond.
Surrounded by trees though, so I'm going to get a lot of leaves down in the fall.
There are 10 acres of alfalfa fields that drain into the pond. I know they fertilize.
I really can't afford to divert that water, because I do not have another source for runoff.
The pictures on the website where I ordered the muck reducer showed before and after pics that had muck, or green algae just like mine in the before pic, and clean water in the after pic.
I can't swing aeration right now. I need to run electric 300 yards first.
If this doesn't help, I'm only out $50. Not thousands.
How does that saying go? If it sounds to good to be true, it probably isn't. Oh well, if by some miracle this stuff helps, I'll post it here.
Thanks

Setter,

Save some money and run some PVC sch 40 down to the pond. You don't have to run electric all the way down there. Pump the air to the pond from where your electric is already! Unless you just have to have it down there for some other reason? Many guys here run air lines 1000 feet or more to get air to their ponds. Much, much cheaper.

RC

Guys, I would love to be able to run pipe down there.. The only problem I have is that it would run through a valley, if I run it underground, or it would be suspended on poles to cross the valley. Wouldn't moisture settle in the valley? Freezing if it's above ground. We see zero days in the winter. Or if it's below ground, still have water in it? Can the blowers push all the water out?
I just do not want to go to all that work, and not have a reliable system.
Thanks

9 yr old pond, 1 ac, 15' deep.
RES, YP, GS, FHM (no longer), HBG (going away), SMB, and HSB (only one seen in 5 yrs) Restocked HSB (2020) Have seen one of these.
I think that's about all I should put in my little pond.
Otter attack in 2023