Originally Posted By: sprkplug
The hatcheries I deal with offer native as well as HBG. I tend to think we are still dealing with the misconceptions and half-truths of 30 years ago. And that's with both state and private fisheries personnel.

I've sat in on a couple seminars, one private and one state, and neither would recommend HBG.

Yeah Spark... I think it's more of what the prevailing winds are doing at the time. I've never heard of imports for pond stocking, but then again, I'm not the one being paid to police this.

I do know that the fish farms up here work with each other. They do business with each other, buy/sell to each other to fit their needs. One produces this and is set up for it, they sell to others that are not set up for this, but they must list any species that could possibly be in their possession in their facility or on the farm. A few just put everything, but they seem to be the brokers.

My honest opinion is the people who fought hard to get things turned around up here would welcome anyone new to jump in and contribute.