Originally Posted By: Tbar
Originally Posted By: Cecil Baird1
The EPA and corps of enginners already regulates small streams, tributaries, and wetlands, in my state. How is this anything new?

As a fish farmer I have limits on waste discharge from my farm, and I sure can't dig up wetlands.

Quote:

"The new rules would have forced landowners to get a permit if they took steps that would pollute or destroy the regulated waters connected to larger bodies of water downstream."

Sounds like a good thing to me. People discharge raw sewage into the local river and we have feed lots on a lake inlets. The State is slow to respond due to the tremendous power of the Farm Bureau here.

Maybe your a farmer and want to fertilize the fields around next to a pond/ditch or maybe you need to get a bloom started and want to fertilize your pond. How about treating FA or pond weeds with chemicals.

I'm sure the EPA would be happy to give you a permit...or not...for a small fee.

Those of us in the free states are aghast that anyone could see this as a good thing.

I'm not seeing your specific concerns in what I've read.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.