The EPA and corps of enginners already officially regulates small streams, tributaries, and wetlands in my state. How is this anything new?

As a fish farmer I have limits on waste discharge from my farm, and I sure can't dig up wetlands.

Quote:

"The new rules would have forced landowners to get a permit if they took steps that would pollute or destroy the regulated waters connected to larger bodies of water downstream."

Sounds like a good thing to me. People discharge raw sewage into the local river and we have feed lots on a few lake inlets. One inlet to a lake that is on the largest undeveloped lake chain in the state sits on top an old landfill. When we get heavy rain that part of the lake turns brown. This is a formerly 93 foot deep lake that supported lake trout, native cisco and smelt. The cisco and smelt are gone.

We have lake residents that seem to need golf course lawns. I wonder what they do to get them?

The State is slow to respond due to the tremendous power of the Farm Bureau and lack of funding. The DNR's hands are tied. Maybe it's time the feds came in and ruffled some feathers.

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 08/27/15 10:04 PM.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.