Thanks for the responses. Mr. Basshole might be going to a new home soon.

@ Bill Cody, yep. We told the stocking neighbor "DON'T DO THAT". But they're in there now, and I have a responsibility to look after them. We weren't going to stock until we were 100% sure the pond would hold water. It doesn't. I sure wish I'd known about PB before the ~guy~ dug me a cow pond. As so many here stress, there is a science to successful pond building. But thanks to you and your aeration instruction, the quality of what water is there is fantastic!
Next I'll be working with teehjaeh on (hopefully) fixing the seepage issue.

Now. I just today saw that I've had a fairly recent LMB hatch. 3" fry on everything. I thought they didn't spawn this time of year. Will bass eat their own? The low water level is exposing a bass population that is already pretty surprising. Is my next problem going to be LMB overpopulation? Do I need a hungry catfish in there?

Next question, off topic for this area, but does anyone know of a reputable pond builder in extreme southern Indiana? New neighbor across the road is going to have a large pond excavated, and we don't want him to let his home builder talk him into turning his septic installer-type guy loose on it. We've seen quite enough of the fruits of that particular brand of pond making.....

Last edited by heartlander; 08/26/15 02:53 PM.