Originally Posted By: NEDOC
JMO and I'm sure you've been in touch with TJ, but why not buy one unit of SoilFloc and apply it in small amounts over a length of time? Maybe apply a tenth of a unit on the pond side of the drain pipe where the leak is most likely and then repeat that process ten times. Maybe I'm picturing this all wrong but it seems like the source of your leak can only be in a small area. Worst case you're out a few hundred dollars.

My friend had the same issue on a pond built last Summer - we received heavy rains this Spring and it filled 8' to spillway in a couple days. He noticed a small leak around his drain pipe, despite installation of two anti seep collars, we think it was due to lack of hand compaction around the tube.

He applied a cup or two of the linear and crosslink polymer sealant around the tube that I had leftover from my initial project, packed with some clay, and the fissure sealed in a few hours. I had never read about the polymer being used in this manner before, but I was happy it worked for him.

I still urged him to contact the contractor, have him return, and hand tamp the clay surrounding the tube as it should have been performed initially. I think that's happening this Fall.

Jeff feel free to call me, I may have some product left I could probably just mail to you for free considering how little you'd need. Anything to help a PB member - leaking ponds are a nightmare!

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]