years ago, I wanted an aerator for a pond I built that dI'd my hAve electricity near it. My initial thoughts were windmill since the area is pretty open and gets significant wind at times, then I learned that the times I would need aeration the most are the times the windmill was least likely to work. I then thought solar, but the more effective solar powered aeration units were prohibit antlers expensive for me. I have never been to Wisconsin, but I imagine you have a bit of snow up there too so that might be another detergent for solar-powered (solar covered by snow when you need it most). I eventually decided to wait until I could run electricity to it. You are more fortunate than I in that you already have elect close so i'd go that route.

I've been around the block and just ain't scared of nothing except the EPA! That swamp sounds like it could be federally protected wetlands to me and I would be scared to drain the pond (swamp). I've seen dead fish floating before though and i'd also be scared of stocking without more depth so i'd probably sneak a big track hoe in there with a long boom and deepen at least a portion of the pond just for added assurance against a fish kill. I would tell as few people as necessary because you might also have some endangered commorant, bug or something using those waters. ;-)

[Linked Image from i108.photobucket.com]