This is a curious statement:

"There are tons of small BG. From my deck I can see at least 30 nests and there is always at least 2-3 schools of them around the shallow areas. Almost all the bass I have caught are small, thin, and not very active."

Not doubting what you say, it just seems to be a conflicting statement. Usually small, thin LMB (assuming they are LMB) are associated with a pond lacking in forage fish for the bass to eat. You have abundant forage fish from your observations (lots of small BG), yet still skinny bass. Don't have an answer for you but will be interesting what some of the experts think of the situation. If a pond has excessive weeds or cover that protect them too well from predation it could be a cause of having both lots of small BG yet skinny bass. Another cause is turbid water where the bass can not sight feed. You mentioned low visibility for the water. Could be part of the problem.

Will be interesting to hear what the experts have to say. I imagine they need more information, but you gave them a good start.

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine