Scott, the water is all fresh. My wife filled them up 5 days before i arrived. So i am sure water is very clean. And water we have here is pretty good for fish. Have never seen or heard of any fish deaths in this region because of pure water levels. Plus, every single fish besides fatheads are fine and seem to be very happy.

I changed 30% of the water yesterday.

I see some red spots on fish. These are very little bloody spots and i am pretty sure, caused by some kind of injury.

But anyways, i added salt and parasite medicine in their water. I have nothing to lose. These fish are gonna all be dead soon anyways. If it is some kind of parasite , this treatment will take care of it.

I put that dominant male fish in another tank because he was chasing other fish. I really doubt that this fish is the cause of all fish deaths but i am just trying everything to save these fatheads.

I had the same problem back in NYC. I was losing at least 1 or 2 fatheads every single day. I think that these fish are very fragile that they can't get over the stress of being transported.