I have a 3 acre pond that was built in August 2013. It has finally reached its full capacity in the last 2 weeks. I would like to stock my HSB in the fall, but I am wondering if I have enough forage built up yet. Thinking maybe I could start off with a small number this fall, if I can get some around 5 to 7 inches. Then in the spring get some smaller ones and feed them up in a holding pen. Keystone Hatcheries in northern Ill. stocked my SMB and my YP. They kept the SMB numbers low to make room for the HSB. They don't handle HSB so they wanted me to contact Logan Hollow in southern Ill. about the HSB. When I contacted Logan Hollow they are not familiar with YP, and they are concerned about my forage base. I have had two excellent years of FHM spawns. I saw the RES on beds the first year. I have caught GSH that were 6 inches long. I was wanting to see a YP spawn before stocking the HSB, but I never noticed any ribbons, but I may have missed it not realizing they spawn in 40 degree water. I doubt that there was a SMB spawn, do to the fact my spawning beds I made were out of water. So any advice on when and how many HBS to stock would really be appreciated. My stocking numbers and dates are listed below.

4/18/14
30 LBS. FHM
20 LBS. GSH

4/22/14
250 1 to 2 inch RES
200 2 to 4 Hybrid RES (7/14 6.5 inches) (5/15 9 inches)

11/10/14
125 4 to 6 inch SMB (6/15 9 inches)
250 5 to 7 inch YP