I appreciate this not going political. I will tread lightly here to avoid politics and acrimony. Neither have a place on this site and the Mods get nervous.

However, since the middle ages, the story of weapon control has been political. Remember the fictional story of Robin Hood? He was outlawed because he killed one of the kings deer. How and why did that happen? At that time, the king decreed that all game animals belong to the Crown. Thus, the populace had no need for weapons. We can pretty well extrapolate that throughout periods of history around the world.

To those who want to understand the issue and the history thereof, I can recommend "The Second Amendment Primer" by Les Adams. It's the best historical writing I've come across that traces Americas history of personal arms legislation, both sides of the issue, since 1776 and actually goes back to ancient Greece. It's cheap at less than $10 on Amazon.

I'm butt deep in guns, some of which I've never fired, and sometimes wonder why they clutter up my closet. I'm a member of the NRA but don't believe in everything they promulgate. I'm not sure what NRA type means. Texas has recently passed "Open Carry" laws but I think only damn fools advertise that they are armed. I also don't carry one in my vehicle. But, to each his own. Not everyone thinks like I do.

Editing here. The NRA and I are in pretty constant contact. They call me quite often when they are looking for $ donations.

Last edited by Dave Davidson1; 06/30/15 07:57 AM.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP