teehjaeh57, I'm sorry to hear about your problem. When I was a young lad, about 39 smile I used to shoot at a simple target in my back yard at 144 yards. My backstop was another 450 yards of thick hardwoods, I owned it all. We had some new neighbors, they built homes on the side of my 28 acres and one of them heard bullets "zinging" by his back yard which butts up to my woods. The neighbor simply came over, hat in hand, and calmly spoke to me about it. I then, hat in hand, asked to come on over and have a look.

When I went to his backyard we could not find any bullet strikes but I assured him that I couldn't live with myself should something happen. I built a 14' high mound shaped in a horseshoe so that any ricochets would be aimed only at me. Yes, this mound had sides on it from the horseshoe shape, it still does. All in it cost me $500 to build this hill and it was cheap cheap cheap to not only make my neighbor happy but to assure him that I cared.

The two things I'm trying to press home with this story is that even though you may be being infringed upon, you should still go to the neighbor with hat in hand. AND, even though you go to this neighbor with hat in hand he should offer to resolve this with his hat in hand. Acting cordially and humbly goes a long way in tearing down man's natural tendency to be aggressive when confronted. Of course you've probably already read "How to Win Friends and Influence People".

Treat the guy like a friend, he's your neighbor and you may need him some day. He should do the same. The law is on your side but don't use it, be a neighbor right up to the point where they won't be. Regarding shooting across property lines, I don't know if that would be a law as you don't own the air above your property do you? I don't think we own that airspace anyways. What is illegal, in every state I know of, is trespassing with that bullet when it lands on somebody else's land.

Good shooting!

I just got a new pond, I made it twice because I aint so bright.