Mark, can't really prove 6.5 inches. My gauge only goes to 6 inches. I found out after posting that a neighbor about 300 yards away got 7.5 inches. I need to buy some new gravel but all the gravel pits are full of water and the Counties get priority. We went there yesterday to look around and see if we still had dams. No problems.

Some areas around reported 11 inches from the storm and the city of Bowie was once again flooded.

According to Wundermap and a neighbor a mile away who has the weather station reporting gear, we have had 13.75 in the last 30 days. In the last 12 months, we have gotten 70.7 inches. That 70.7 is a 3 or 4 year supply. Prior to the rains, my 2 ponds were no more than mud holes. I now have 9 full ponds and 6 of them won't last long. 3 of them have been flushing pretty well.

It is my experience that El Nino's are always followed by a La Nina. That ain't good.

Last edited by Dave Davidson1; 06/19/15 07:50 AM.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP