I don't know the low light feeding will apply to everyone, just sharing my experiences and hope they might apply elsewhere.

I can say the short feeding bursts are definitely the way to go so you can eliminate as much waste as possible for us on small ponds. You may notice that 6 seconds is too much, or too little, and adjust accordingly if you choose. I like the finite control shorter bursts allow us in order to fine tune feeding times. I wish we could control feeders with a mobile device from remote location and adjust feeding times or shut down on very windy/cold days if we wanted. Especially in early Spring or late Fall I would like to shut down the feeder for a few days during a cold snap, but it necessitates a 30 minute round trip to the farm I sometimes just can't justify. I hate to think about all that feed going to waste on the shorelines, impacting my water quality.

My YP feed less when temps average upper 80s and 90s during summer and water temps get into the 80s. I think they are seeking coolest water above thermocline, and are reluctant to head to surface for pellets. I will back off the feeding times in my YP pond during peak of Summer and maybe only feed 1 second daily until Fall approaches and temps back down.

Hope some of this is applicable to others. Definitely keep us posted on your results - good information for the forum!

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]