As far as property values being affected by one's neighbors, that happens everyday. Case in point: when we purchased the place we live on now, there was an empty 2 acre plot right below us. After purchasing however, a business concern moved onto this property and began manufacturing wooden pallets. It was a mess, and looked the part. Giant, 30-40 foot bonfires to get rid of excess pallet wood, No sewer system, (denied by the county), Pneumatic nailers running all hours of the day and night. Huge floodlights illuminating his property and ours. No zoning then...it was a free for all.

Keep in mind, the property line was 350' from the proposed site of our home. When it came time to begin OUR construction however, guess what...the lending institution sent an independent appraisal firm out, and they said no way. We're not loaning you any money with that nightmare next door. Fortunately, all we lost was some good faith money. And eventually, we got our home. And we got the lights angled down away from our bedrooms. And I was reimbursed for my tree that died, due to the huge fires that were burning against the property line. But all of that took time and money, while we proved in court that pallet guy's idea of "damage", wasn't anywhere near what a normal, average member of the neighborhood would consider damage to be. If he had simply considered interests other than his own, we probably could've settled it much more amicably.

Do you really think that the condition of your neighbors property doesn't affect yours when the real estate appraiser comes to give their assessment? It absolutely does. It's not up to what I think, or what you think, it's about what the bank thinks. That's why they have estimates of value based on similar pieces of property, and pay you a visit before moving the value of your place either up or down.

"Forget pounds and ounces, I'm figuring displacement!"

If we accept that: MBG(+)FGSF(=)HBG(F1)
And we surmise that: BG(>)HBG(F1) while GSF(<)HBG(F1)
Would it hold true that: HBG(F1)(+)AM500(x)q.d.(=)1.5lbGRWT?
PB answer: It depends.