I propose that the intent for using the term navigable waters, may have originally intended to portray moving waters. As in a conduit for undesirable substances and species to end up in locations far removed from point of entry.

I'm going to go all in and further submit that all ponds, private property or not, may: leak water, discharge water, connect to other, moving bodies of water. In addition, runoff from private property is just that....runoff. It doesn't stay in one place, and respect property lines. It migrates out, down, whatever. And most likely, encounters other, non-static bodies of water, both above and below ground, and escapes the confines of our boundary fences.

I'm even going to go out on a limb and claim that ALL of our water may be connected in one form or another, and what happens here, with my water on my property, may well affect the water miles away. And there's not an above ground stream on the place.

I'm not saying I agree with everything the EPA is claiming, I'm saying I perceive the original intent for the new rules as being just. I think the ruling needs a whole lot more clarification, and the present incarnation is likely unworkable. I just think the basic reasoning is sound.

"Forget pounds and ounces, I'm figuring displacement!"

If we accept that: MBG(+)FGSF(=)HBG(F1)
And we surmise that: BG(>)HBG(F1) while GSF(<)HBG(F1)
Would it hold true that: HBG(F1)(+)AM500(x)q.d.(=)1.5lbGRWT?
PB answer: It depends.