I thought of this thread when I cracked open my fortune cookie at lunch and it read "Optimists believe we live in the best of worlds and pessimists fear this is true".

Personally, I guess I'm not seeing much value to this thread so far. It's good to discuss matters. I wish there was a little more meat to the matter. Things like what is the truth behind what the EPA is currently trying to pass, etc.... and what to do about it if you agree or disagree. How do people get apathetic? For one thing, I think it comes about when they hear and see too much, yet nothing is achieved. I wonder how many people have stopped looking at this topic. All this effort could be spent in coming up with a letter to(who ?) and placed in a convenient spot for the forum to print/send to a representative(where/who?). Make it easy for those who want to participate, and those who don't, that's up to them.

I don't think this discussion can be resolved, nor should it be that simple. We all have different beliefs, and that's what America is about. I do feel that people need to have some relief in helping them solve problems when bigger pockets(be it gov't or a wealthier neighbor) create a problem, but the answer should not be allowed to be a blanket statement/law if it's at the cost to even one person.