Originally Posted By: Jacklegg
Awesome. Thanks for the chart. I'll be putting that into effect ASAP. I'm just trying to get a game plan in action for this pond. My kids are having a blast recording and learning about the fish that we are catching. That chart will just help even more. Now got to pick up an inexpensive scale and we'll be ready to rock. Its going to be pretty intesting to see what happens here throughout the summer.

I take a bag of floating feed down to my younger grandkids for them to feed the fish in their pond occasionally. It is strictly recreational feeding because their parents likely will not buy feed to feed the fish. They really enjoy watching the fish hit the feed. I bet your kids would too. Floating catfish food (not the best fish food in the world but for recreational feeding it will work) is around 20 bucks for a 50# bag and will last quite a while if feeding a soup can full at a time. Can get it at about any farm store or feed store.

If you are going to feed to actually make the fish grow better it is likely better to get some better quality higher protein feed and feed more regularly though.

Last edited by snrub; 05/24/15 11:13 AM.

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine