Originally Posted By: Bill D.
Scratching my head thru this one and I probably have something wrong, happens a lot to me! smile Facts as I have them. We have a 100 acre lake with too many underweight LMB and not enough forage. Approach taken is to increase the forage. There are no predators in the lake that can eat a 3 inch or larger LMB other than another LMB. The current population of LMB are surviving at the current lake balance but not thriving. As the LMB are skinny and over populating is it possible adding more forage, without adding an LMB predator or removing LMB, will reduce the cannibalism of the LMB and just make even more LMB that are skinny? I submit the hypothesis that adding CC, whose mouth gap is more suited to a LMB than a BG of equivalent length, could actually improve the bass fishing.

Quote wowens1604 from 2013: " We had a shock survey done, a couple of years ago, and it was worth the money. We are going to do it again either this fall, or next spring.

Our goal is to pull out 2000lbs of small bass a year out of the lake, but it just doesn't happen. Only a handful of people keep the small ones. We have problems with non residents fishing, and you find them with 5lb bass in a bucket."

So some LMB are removed, just not enough. adding forage, cover and starting a feeding program helps. CC will key in on the pellets that are feeding the BG, which indirectly are feeding the LMB.

It'd be nice to know the RW of the LMB back in 2013 and how they compare to the LMB RW today.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).