Originally Posted By: sprkplug
I firmly believe that tractors are like chainsaws, firearms, and Lays potato chips.....one is never enough. Soon, you grow tired of switching implements. Sure would be nice to have a dedicated machine for the box blade/ bushhog/ FEL/......

Tony -- that is a serious low blow to one's manhood! cry

I think I have at least four working chainsaws, not including things like chain limb trimmers.

I don't have a lot of firearms, but I feel I actually have an adequate sufficiency to cover any of my requirements from squirrels and snakes, to cattle/hogs, and deer.

But utility tractors -- I only have one these days. There sure are times when I'd like to have a couple more, just for what you stated. Especially when I need to use implements that need the PTO. They should should all have their own tractor. My PTO implements cause me to use a lot of the 10-bad-word vocabulary I learned while in the Navy.

I will say that "quick attach", whether front-end loader devices, or three point hitch quick attaches (I use "Pat's") sure saves a lot of bad words. But, anything with a PTO attachment sure uses up all the bad words saved elsewhere.

My tractor barn is only big enough to hold four tractors, and it currently only has enough room for one tractor, its implements, my UTV, garden tractor, and other good toys.

Don't tempt me. It could lead to a divorce!

Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

Peculiar Friends are Better than No Friends at All!