TSK, you have a lot of good options on here. I'm not an expert log remover, but if it were me and I was borrowing a tractor with a loader (bucket, etc.) I would first try and use the loader to lift and move the log over the stump and bank without moving the tractor. Not sure what size tractor, but most with a loader should be able to handle the weight of that tree. I have welded hooks on the front of my buckets blade also and would hook a log chain to the front of the bucket lower the bucket until its about 6 inches over the log and wrap the chain around the log a few times. Then slowly begin lifting the bucket until the log is a foot or two over the stump and bank. You don't want to raise the bucket as high as you can because the higher the bucket the more unstable the tractor becomes. Keeping the bucket raised begin tilting the bucket down like you are dumping the bucket. This will move the log towards the tractor and the land. The log will go a little lower as you tilt the bucket down. Make sure the bucket is just high enough to avoid hitting anything with the log. Depending on the tractor and loader you may be able to move the log around three feet using this technique.

I have pulled several logs like this out with a pickup also, just make sure your hooked up to a strong point (not a bumper hitch) like a frame mounted towing hitch or the front tow hook and go very slowly. This will surpise roadwarrior but my chevy's done it several times. I would agree with Sparkplug, however, this is tailor made for a tractor and if you could get one that is the route I would go. I have seen a lot of damage from what appeared to be an easy problem around the farm.

Good Luck