I think a lot depends on your water. Different areas of the country have varying levels of natural fertility, which impacts how much biomass a BOW can support. If a naturally fertile pond in the Midwest can support 400 lbs of fish per acre, than a less fertile one elsewhere might only be capable of half that. So we do the math:

Let's say you're at the upper range on the scale, at 400 lbs per acre. 1/2 acre would then be 200 lbs of fish. Of that 200 lbs, you've got skeletons, entrails, and other non-consumable bits and pieces. Chop it in half again. That leaves 100 lbs of "meat". If your pond isn't that fertile, it drops considerably.

That's why so many add aeration, fertilization, and supplemental feeding. To boost those numbers. But, once you start artificial enhancements, then your pond (fish) may depend upon them for survival. Not good in a situation like what you describe.

I think in your case, I would look at a pond like I would a garden plot. Harvest comes due, you process it and store it. Then you plant again in the spring. A 14 ft deep pond will likely be a ***** to try and seine, but you get the idea. In the beginning, I would use my pond as a production facility, and restock as necessary until I have sufficient storage of prepared and processed food. Then stock with an eye towards self-sustaining productivity. Just an idea.

"Forget pounds and ounces, I'm figuring displacement!"

If we accept that: MBG(+)FGSF(=)HBG(F1)
And we surmise that: BG(>)HBG(F1) while GSF(<)HBG(F1)
Would it hold true that: HBG(F1)(+)AM500(x)q.d.(=)1.5lbGRWT?
PB answer: It depends.