A few photos from the weekend around the pond. Pond temps are coming along. In the shallows it ran 54 in the morning and 57 afternoons. Down 15' it is 50. Time to see what's going on.

Built a couple FHM hangouts. Had some old paneling that I cut into 8"x12" and ran a cord through. Tied them off across a couple shallow areaas. I figure they are due to start in soon.

Saw several square feet of what I think are toad eggs. An interesting curly-fry shaped strand. This stuff is right to the water's edge in 1/4" water and also down to maybe 4". Tis also downstream of the overflow but not as much.

I picked up a nice scale and had to play with that. It is rated for 7 kg +/- 1g. That's essentially 15 lb and down to 0.1 oz. It comes with a plastic bowl that is perfect to put in some water and zero it out. Had to play. These shots displaying in ounces as I knew they'd all be small.

I think an American Toad.

Looked like an adult FHM at 0.7 oz. smile

And this poor little guy couldn't even drum up 0.05 oz. But he must surely be pretty recent.

And from the overflow pool, a couple very nice refugees that went back to the pond.

Looks like a GSH in fully glory.

Should be a nice-sized croaker some day.

Was a lovely time around the pond.