Well, it is time for an update. Thought I would put it in the original thread.

I stocked FHM and GSH a year ago after the dam was repaired. There are innumerable 1-5" fish in there now. I've fed them. There are frogs and tadpoles all over.

So now I believe it is time to stock the BG, RES, LMB. Did some work on the water this weekend to see where it's at. Bought titration kits and a pH meter because that's just the way I am.

There is 0 alkalinity in the pond. It's totally a runoff rain and groundwater runoff pond. I checked the pH .. it runs 6.7-6.9. I tested several spots around the pond. The inflow water was 6.2-6.4 in the mornings and up to 6.8ish in the evening. The main pond water was rather randomly going up and down during the day(no correlation vs morning, afternoon, evening), but with only a 0.2 range, I figured that's likely within instrument error. I measured the water coming out the overflow pipe and it was 6.9-7.2. So I take all that to mean that even with no alkalinity, it isn't varying greatly for now. The water is coming in more acidic, but by the time it exits, it's neutral.

I've pondered amending and with as much water is flowing through there, wonder how long it would last. Reckon a ton of crushed limestone should be easy to come by if necessary.

So the major question on my mind is will this water be ok to stock in?