Originally Posted By: JKB
Originally Posted By: mnfish
Gosh Darn It JKB....Very good stuff!! Altitude adjustments for the design matrix...check... Thank you!!! You're welcome!

I have done a little research, emphasis on little, for a 12V Vane Compressor. It might not be enough for the depth along with the derating (did I use that term correctly?) Yep!

Gast model # 1531-107B-G617 with this pump I didn't so much mind the $750 price tag but the 15 week lead time made me gasp a little grin I think it goes without saying, JKB will be much, much, much better at the pump stuff than I!!

$750.00 is a chunk!

I've been thru pretty much all of Gast's rocking piston and diaphragm pumps, and it looks like most of the AC rigs could be run directly off of solar because of the type of motor it is. May need a soft start and something to kick it in when the sun comes out tho.

I have a 1/3hp 3 phase motor here. Theoretically, you could run it off a single 280W panel with an ABB (Power One) micro inverter running 240V split phase into a VFD, then to the motor. Need a couple more gizmo as well.

Problem is, the Micro is a grid tie unit and I need to figure out a way to loop back and trick it into thinking it's on the grid. ABB said no work without grid.

Scratching my head a bit, but that's because I had to go to a fiberglass factory today laugh

To me, this is taking on a whole new level of cool factor, JKB!!!! I am spending at least 2 hrs of research every time you post something. Just trying to catch up. Its calculus class all over again! Quit it... my mind hurts and my obsession is now escalated. Heading me to towards a very expensive divorce. crazy grin

Jr- I sure hope we all can help solve your problem. So much too learn.

Last edited by mnfish; 04/08/15 09:06 PM.