Reverse sear just like on my steaks - it's great on Tenderloin or Prime roasts. Smoke it for 20-30 min at 325, once the chunks have burned out tent it in foil and go until you reach 120. Take off roast, unwrap foil, get fire to 500-650 again and sear on each side for your crust and to take up to 135-140 for Medium Rare. It will cook for 5-10 minutes more after you remove from fire, that's why I stop 5-10 degrees before 145. As for rubs, do whatever you like. I love garlic, red pepper, black pepper, celery powder, onion powder, whatever. I don't like using strong wood smoke for prime rib but prefer something more mellow like an oak, pecan, sugar maple or cherry.

The only two reasons I can think of getting dry roasts is either the cuts are not marbled enough [go choice or prime], or it's getting overcooked. A temp probe near the end of the process can help you determine timing, temps, etc.

If you want an incredible brisket - get with Al in TX. Best brisket I've ever had...amazing. Robbie and Al know food.

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]