O.K so now not only are my first stocking dying, but we are raising monsters, that may take over the world. It was an ity-bity fish. About 1 inch long, don't all babies look a bit out of proportion. Got a couple more pics of the fellow if you want to see them, he probably gave his life for them.

Mr. Holyoak,
I do take exception to this part of your post after reading it again:

"As for the fish kill itself, absolutely nobody on this forum or otherwise (including myself) could give you an exact answer without #1 testing your water and #2 actually looking at a sample."

It cost me twelve bucks to UPS the water to you.

Had you actually tested it when I called you?

I think I need a hog hunt.

The numbers would have gave me an idea on research (on this site and others)to verify your recommendations; I asked twice, and was just told they were low. The swimming pool lady gives me more information. I am new to having a pond but have been doing my best to see what the overall agreement is on things.

My purchase of a bottom diffuser, we looked at alot from different sites, DNR, here and others. The overall opinion seemed to be that it will prevent turnover and supply oxygen for the processes on the bottom to occur to eliminate the waste.

I'm still willing to be persuaded that a surface one may be better. Just don't want it sold to me with no data about my water, so I can make an informed decision.

Your fish are tasty and have grown fast. As far as reverting, it is a one year pond and we are newbies. But some are now saying the spawn are a freak of nature. I am sleeping with the shotgun tonight.

Laurelee and myself are sitting here. Re-reading all the post. Please, just look at my questions before we posted the pics, any help will be much appreciated.
Thank you all,
Laurelee and Lewis

Lewis Wilkerson