Quote:
Originally posted by Ric Swaim:
I could never forgive myself if one of my granddaughters had to suffer from or died from a poisonous snake bite if I knew the snake was in the area & did nothing to remove it.
Rick,

How about your car? Bikes? Roller skates? How about those dangerous ponds, in which 100's of kids drown annually? Will you eliminate those too? Odds of drowning far exceed being bitten by a poisonous snake. In the highly unlikely event one is bitten by a poisonous snake, actually dying from the bite is exceedingly rare. 4 deaths per year per 300 million population is a vanishingly small number.

My kids are just as dear to me as yours are to you. That's why I carefully teach them all about dangers, including snakes. I think educated kids are much safer than little kill bots running around hacking animals to death. (I should know, I was 1 of them!)

Remember what I said. The moccasin you can't see will bite you if you step on it. The one you occasionally see swimming in your pond is totally harmless. I much prefer them where I can see them!