Originally Posted By: george1
We have ALWAYS hauled our own tilapia from Overton's without any concerns - as well as others who do not choose to have them delivered.
Todd is on top of all permitting regs....
G/

Yes, Todd is, George...here is his post from earlier last year...

Hello and Greetings to everyone from Overton Fisheries!!

This message serves to inform you of some very important TPWD regulations on Mozambique Tilapia, and to provide you with a phone # and email link where you can voice your comments and concerns about this issue.

The TPWD recently clarified an existing regulation for the industry. They made it clear that Mozambique Tilapia are indeed legal to stock in Texas private waters without a permit, HOWEVER, YOU MAY NOT TRANSPORT YOUR OWN MOZAMBIQUE TILAPIA. In essence, you may have these fish delivered by one of our hauling trucks or via a 3rd party transport company ONLY. We feel this regulation is ridiculous. We have built a solid business over the last decade by supplying tilapia via farm pick-up, and the issue is up for public comment before the TPWD makes a ruling on it in August.

So if you are a fan of tilapia and have enjoyed the convenience of picking these fish up at our farm and stocking them yourself, then we need your help the most. Please call or email your comment to Ken Kurzawski at 512-389-4591 or ken.kurzawski@tpwd.texas.gov

Edited by overtonfisheries (Wed Jun 05 2013 04:04 PM)

http://forums.pondboss.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=338089

EDIT: I don't know what the final outcome of the regulation was after the August date mentioned....I do know every piece of info I can find on the TPWD site and other Texas forums indicate an exotic transport permit is required to transport along with an exotic species receipt and the exotic species permit number of the supplier is required to possess.

Last edited by Rainman; 03/24/15 10:52 AM.