I have a 1 acre pond half full (15 to 20 ft maximum depth) and ready to go after a couple more spring rains in NE Kansas. I took the time to provide adequate cover in multiple areas throughout the pond.

My goal is to have a nice LMB and bluegill pond. Something great for kids, but also with the potential for fairly big LMB in time. I understand the limitation with LMB with a 1 acre pond. But I also know from a lifetime of fishing farm ponds that it's possible.

I plan on doing one of the LMB packages from Dunn's fish farm. I have read many of the threads here and plan on getting a proper food chain going. But frankly, my head is spinning a little bit from all of the information. (Apologies in advance for adding yet another thread to the mix.)

My question really is this. Once the pond is established, is it really as simple as taking plenty of fish out? It seems as if the magic number for a 1 acre pond is taking 30 lbs of bass out a year?

My boys are crazy about fishing and I want to get this thing going fast but also doing it the right way in the process.

Thanks folks. This place is great.