Originally Posted By: Bill D.
Originally Posted By: JWF
I will get out on the ice as it thins and get a measure in the middle to get some idea.

IMHO For safety reasons, I would wait for the ice to go off. If you don't have a boat, just tie a sinker on the end of a fishing line with a slip bobber. Cast to where you want to check depth. Just adjust the location of the knot on the line with each cast until the bobber doesn't stand up. Measure the distance from the weight to the knot and you have the depth measurement.

I'd like to second Bill on safety. I went in the water one time while ice fishing on a relatively warm day. Fortunately I had dragged a small boat with me to store supplies so I was able to escape. If not, I might not have survived, even though I am a good swimmer. It's hard to swim thru the ice and hypothermia can kill you pretty quickly.

7ac 2015 CNBG RES FHM 2016 TP FLMB 2017 NLMB GSH L 2018 TP & 70 HSB PK 2019 TP RBT 2020 TFS TP 25 HSB 250 F1,L,RBT -206 2021 TFS TP GSH L,-312 2022 GSH TP CR TFS RBT -234, 2023 BG TP TFS NLMB, -160