Originally Posted By: teehjaeh57
Wow, that's a lot of Pecan! I love it's taste, like a mellow Hickory. This thread has my interest - learning a ton and didn't know Fish was an expert, either. Keep going!

Expert? Don't know about that... but have been felling, cutting, and drying lumber my whole life. So that adds up to a lot of hands on experience. Most of the wood I process is large blocks for carving, which is hard to dry successfully so you have to be very particular. The PB name doesn't refer to food, its referral to all the different ways I turn wood into chips...just a silly play on words.

There is guy near me that has chestnut trees. He has been doing what Cray is getting into. He thins them out and salvages the better parts of trees. It can add a nice side supplemental income to the regular business. Its fun to open up logs and see what's inside, but has been mentioned, a lot of hard work. I bet Cray can testify to this. Kind of like treasure hunting, never knowing what really is inside. It can be very addicting, be carefull Cray!