My family has a pond that is about 30’x200’ in the dry season and surface area probably doubles in the spring. The deepest section might be 20'.I’ve planted largemouth bass in the pond in years past and they get fat and happy then freeze out. This is because there is no year around water flow, and what not. Back in the day my Grandpa had power at the pond and a homemade aerator, he had rainbow trout in there for a short time and something must have gone awry. Anyway today there is no power anywhere nearby. Which brings me to my problem on a very limited budget I can’t afford a solar powered aeration system. My family being crafty in building things decided this year we are going to aerate the pond to keep the freshly planted bass alive through next winter. I’ve thought long and hard about a wind powered aerator, but it is very mountainous with little wind. We’ve thought of several aeration ideas but none look possible. One idea still floating in my head is a floating greenhouse, or something similar. I know this would not aerate the water, but it might keep the pond from freezing over completely. I’m open to ideas and comments.