Originally Posted By: TGW1
Dave, I agree, I tried the LabLab and it was expensive @ or around $85 per sk of seed and did not like the drought. I plant the 3 grains mentioned here along with Eagle soybeans and sorghum and Cowpeas. I really like the Eagle Brand soybeans and so do the deer, they will walk over everything to get to the beans. In fact , one side of the pond, 200 yds by 25 yds is now red clay. I have limed it and plan to put some more soybeans there along with some Top soil that needs to be spread over it. I hate the red clay but came from digging the pond.

TG your soybean story reminded me what happened a few summers back. We had a pretty good drought going until late August. We had planted a big garden on the land but had to drive 10 miles to bring water to it. It was the only thing green around and the deer came by and wiped out the green beans first. Pretty much nobody had a green bean crop that year cause of the drought and they just pulled them up. We left ours there and stopped watering them. In August the rains finally came. Turns out the deer did us a big favor by trimming those beans to the ground earlier. Those thinhgs took off growing like crazy when the rain finally came. We canned green beans till they were coming out our ears till first of October!

[Linked Image]
Be Brave Enough to Suck at Something New!