Originally Posted By: canyoncreek
JKB, can you show me the documentation? DNR regulations, web page, personal communication from DNR, etc? Perhaps the fish farm chooses to not raise them? Which fish farm are you referring to?

It was discussed on the PB forum already that in the case of some fish farms that it was NOT illegal for them to bring them to Michigan but they CHOSE to put them on their list that they would not bring to Michigan because of the paperwork, fish testing requirements etc.

Esshup, did you research this to some degree once? Rainman?

If Jones says they are not legal I would bet the farm they are not. Jones' business is producing and transporting fish for pond stocking, so if it was legal in Michigan you can bet they would exploit that market. Conversely they would not try and do anything that would jeopardize their business.

I will try and find the information you need in writing in black and white as I have an ol' fisheries college classmate up there that runs a fish farm.

https://www.jonesfish.com/content/hybrid-striped-bass

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 01/15/15 10:35 PM.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.