Sparkplug........thank you for this very informative thread. I've recently (since August) been feeding a mix of GFC and Cargill 4512 through an automatic feeder. The larger feed floats and the smaller feed sinks. I mixed the (2) feeds after a conversation with Todd Overton. Todd didn't suggest that I mix them, but indicated it would not hurt to do so and would be interesting to see what became of it. The fish have been feeding religiously (on the surface). The feeder ran out of feed this week. As the winter months are upon us, I've been indecisive as to whether I would re-fill the feeder immediately or not for my (CNBG & RES)forage base. I surely don't want to keep dumping feed into the water if they are not going to feed. Also, I don't want to feed if the fish can't utilize the nutrients, so here I am. SE Texas winters are not too harsh. The pond has several underground springs feeding it and always seems to have fog on the water on cold mornings. I'm not sure if (and when) the temperature will get low enough (sub 50) and stay there. Any suggestions or further info will be most appreciated.
Charlie

...when in doubt...set the hook...