I figured it for a larger male, (it wasn't swollen like I thought a female should be at this time of year?) but my experience is very limited. Didn't get any specs, just photo and release.

When I went to buy minnows, the only bait shop in town was closed. This put me in the curious position of having to set minnow traps to try and catch the very thing my management strategy is working to reduce. I was able to catch a few 1-1.5" fish, but of course they were bluegills, so less than ideal.

I fished them on the bottom, hung them beneath a float, tried every location I could imagine. Nothing. Went through all the bait trying to keep fresh, lively specimens on the hook. Nothing.

Then came the perch, while fishing a sunken tree. After that I switched gears and caught bluegills and a couple bass. No big fish, and no real numbers of fish....pretty unexceptional.

In truth, I wasn't surprised. I only added a handful of WE fingerlings last year, on a last minute, here-you-go, kind of thing. Even If they survived and escaped predation, they will be scarce.
I just need to stock adequately if I intend to have these fish. I will try and source some early spring.

"Forget pounds and ounces, I'm figuring displacement!"

If we accept that: MBG(+)FGSF(=)HBG(F1)
And we surmise that: BG(>)HBG(F1) while GSF(<)HBG(F1)
Would it hold true that: HBG(F1)(+)AM500(x)q.d.(=)1.5lbGRWT?
PB answer: It depends.