Originally Posted By: Bill D.
Looks like you are doing that all important "homework" my friend. So based on the info you have so far, what are your thoughts?

Well, first we have to get the land, with the consideration that we do want to put a pond on there (however modest) and that it seems possible still.

Right now we are working with an agent and looking over a 5 acre parcel in Marana outside of Tucson. Everything looks good so far, it's not in a flood zone or wash area (so the pond won't get blown out), the zoning is right, no deed restrictions preventing us from doing what we want on it, etc. It's a little farther from town than I wanted (about 35-40 minutes instead of a half hour - those pesky 10 minutes DO make a difference) but that aside it looks like a good candidate to support our goals and the price is right. Waiting on some more paperwork and due diligence, then closing, hopefully.

This property is raw land, so the first thing to do will be to setup shop and see how the land works. Once we get a good sense of our land, it will be time to plan the location of the well and get it drilled. Then comes the pond, garden, chicken coop, etc. Lots of planning, lots of steps, lots of work to do. I like stuff like this. Looking forward to it!