One thing I've learned from this site is that everything regarding fish is regional. My thoughts, opinions and advice on fish feeding and management isn't worth diddley when I'm talking to guys up North. Even after many years of messing with ponds, I am absolutely unqualified to give advice or opinions to anyone from temps and climates unlike my own.

Stocking rates of predator/prey come to mind. In warm climates we get bass heavy and bluegill light without extensive management. The reverse is true for those in cold country. And, it took me a long time to realize that. Generally, never say never, fish in different geographic locations just act and feed differently. That has to be regarded when initially stocking and forever when managing.

Nate is growing monster fish in ice fishing country. To sustain that growth rate his fish just about have to be eating 12 months of the year. Mine don't about 50 miles South of Oklahoma when I get a temp drop. But they GENERALLY start again when temps improve.

I have 2 ponds that are 1/2 mile apart that act differently. Why? Beats me.

I started pond management and fishing after years of competing in bass tournaments. I had to unlearn a lot of things. I'm still unlearning and relearning. And, I've killed a lot of fish when I started wondering what would happen if.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP