Originally Posted By: sprkplug
I agree with you FF. The trouble starts when folks want an aquarium with "native" fish. They most likely secure these from local waters rather than purchase them from a pet store....hence the bullhead in canyoncreek's story.

Time comes when they don't want the fish anymore......just release them back into the closest BOW. I would imagine that the thought process goes something along the lines of "these fish came from the creek down the road, so it shouldn't hurt to put them into the neighbor's pond"

Yeah. Right.

I have kept spotted bass and bluegill in an aquarium. When it was obvious that they were not well suited for the 45 gallon tank I had them in I put them back in the lake where they came from. I simply can't understand the mindset of someone who is so lazy that they just dump them in the nearest body of water.

Do you know one of the biggest complaints we get about our AQUARIUM fish food? You have to break of a piece of food and crumble it up by hand. People are LAZY!!!

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, Give a man a bank and he can rob the world.