Awesome reply, just classic. How much of most of what we buy is mostly marketing, very little delivery of value. Even less good controlled studies (prefer randomized and blinded) to know what really is working.

I agree on prevention of muck. As I watch hundreds of leaves coat the surface of my pond I'm wishing I was an engineer and could figure out a way to more easily remove those from the edges.

I wish my aerator had a setting where we could put it it on 'super-boil' mode (take off the diffuser disk, up the air flow) and use the boil to push the leaves to the edges where i could more easily remove them. Or even a large trash pump that sucks water over to one side and captures the leaves prior to sucking down into the intake?

I'm thinking of various types of 'prickly ropes' thanks to the members of this forum but 200 or more feet of super prickly rope gets a bit tough to deal with with one person.

Was thinking of a boom on the front of back of a boat to tow the debris quickly to one side or the other? Or even tow a dredge in strips back and forth to catch the leaves that already sunk to the bottom?

hmm...